Thursday 25 July 2013

25 July


My official ‘rest day’.  Just 45 miles of rolling hills through Shropshire, Hereferdshire and into Wales.

I felt remarkably good this morning, on waking.  No aches, no pains, raring to go.  We camped in the grounds of a pub and had a great meal there last night, then back to the van where I had another good sleep.

We had decided I would set off quite early today, the destination Monmouth and after leaving Bucknell, I made good time and arrived in Monmouth at 12pm.  The ride was great,  with gentle hills and descents and arriving in good time, meant I have spent a fantastic afternoon in the sunshine exploring Monmouth. Nothing of note, really, a short sojourn into Hereford, but otherwise just lovely countryside.

 As I write this, I am outside the van, the sky is blue, it’s 23 degrees and I have a beer in my hand.

Yesterday seems so long ago.

B meter reading 2

No comments:

Post a Comment