Friday 26 July 2013

26 July


Good day again, today.  67 miles, a stinker of a hill in the middle but a sunny day and some great sights.

I woke up early again, clear blue skies and quite warm with no wind. 

Ideal.  

The first part of the ride took me down the Wye valley, along the banks of the river Wye. This was quite magnificent, great views and gently downhill to Chepstow, right past the race course.

From Chepstow, I made my way towards the Severn Bridge via a huge cycle path alongside the M48.  This took me across the Severn Estuary, from Wales back into England.  Then along to Avonmouth and skirting the western side of Bristol into a park, the grounds of Ashton Court.  Then over to Long Ashton and towards Somerset, with the Mendips awaiting. The countryside was lovely, the sun shining, I had no pain and felt strong after yesterdays easy day. 

Then I came to a small village called  Chew Stoke, turned a corner and saw a huge climb ahead. Five and a half miles later, I stopped climbing to be greeted with stunning views of Somerset in the sunshine. Then largely downhill, through Wells and into Glastonbury.

And all before lunch. 

Another afternoon spent with my family.  

Only three more days to Lands End. Could I do it?


B meter reading 2.  

No comments:

Post a Comment